Friday, November 23, 2012

adventures of a sleepy day

I couldn't sleep last Sunday night and so thought I would play with the joeys for a little while, which would make sleeping the rest of the night easy. It didn't work out that way when Jäger got past me AGAIN. She is such a little escape artist! Fooks immediately started barking for her to come back. Jäger was full of energy (it was only 4-something:am so the sun was a long way off). Cro got up since there was all sorts of barking and lights and scuffling going on. :( oops

Jäger got out into the main area of the house since one of the boxes I had placed to block any escapees had moved just enough for a joey to wiggle through. I found her shuffling down the hall (hardwood floors don't give a little semi-winged beastie much traction when waddle-walking on all fours). She turned and went between my feet when she saw I was after her. I finally caught up with her went she climbed under the easy-chair rocker in the dining room. I used Cro's bat-catching-net to scoop her up gently so we could deposit her safely back into the habitat. It was about 5am when the house settled down and I could let Buddy Cat come back upstairs.

I slept very well for the rest of the night (which was only a couple of hours after all of that). Poor Cro had a sleepy day at work!


two little furry babies in their sleeping pouch
a jumble of feet

No comments:

Post a Comment