Friday, August 23, 2013

family family

My cousin's daughter spent the summer with us and fell in love with the joeys. I'm sure they miss her now that she is gone. My 17 year old kitty died this summer as well. Two family members are missing from the household. I know the gliders have noticed the missing clan members.

I moved their habitat into the empty back bedroom in expectation of a new kitten we will be introducing to the family tomorrow. The thought of an overly curious kitten's claws catching one of the baby's through the cage bars terrifies me and made me resolve to keep them in a separate room until the kitten can be declawed.

Now however, after a ton of reading, I wonder if it's as scary and dangerous as what I was imagining it to be. Perhaps the kitten won't have to be declawed to exist in the same room as the glider's habitat.

I've read lots about cats being introduced to gliders with the bars of the habitat between them and the stories are encouraging. I suppose I will make the call as I diligently watch over everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment